Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How about too much to say.

So I have been wanting to post again so as not to let myself get completely out of the habit. My problem this time is that I have so much going on that I haven't been able to focus it in on one thing to talk about.

I have always had a tendency to be a little long winded but today I actually go told by facebook while in a chat session that my message was too long. How dare they. That in mind my goal here is to hit on 10 things but keep it as short and sweet as possible.

So here we go.

1. Grandma is nuts. That may sound mean but trust me it isn't intended that way. We love her and are doing our best to do the best for her as this crappy disease takes its course. I described it as I did for two reasons. First I could spend ages going on and on about the specifics and this thing would be 3 pages long which is what I am trying to avoid, and two, one of the best ways we have found to coupe with this is humor.

2. I love magnets. Not to much explanation needed there, I think there cool and I just got a new magnetic dry erase board and a set of cute little magnets that look like push pins which is really neat.I literally spent an hour the other day playing with writing and erasing stuff and attaching the magnets to the board and to each other. Lame, maybe, fun, defiantly.

3. I sewed (that doesn't seem right) two bed skirt pockets together and it only took me 3 hours! Ok, so I hope you got that sarcasm there. To explain briefly, I had these two bed pocket things that were held in place by this 2 foot peace of fabric placed between the mattress and the box springs. They were always falling out so I got the idea to attach them to each other. Seemed simple, cut a piece of fabric to the size needed to make them go all the way across the bed and sew both sides together. Well, lets just say I had to cut the piece out twice and then I decided to get fancy and press and hem the edges under, why I don't know, and because of that almost had to cut a third piece.

4. I got a new hair cut. Nothing crazy, just my norm for the summer, just a little later then normal. I keep meaning to try to get a pic to post but I want to style it up cute and I haven't had the chance yet.

5. My room is about to drive me crazy. I have been trying to clean my room and get it organized ever since I had it painted and it is sad really but I think its getting worse. I am going crazy trying to figure out where all the pictures are going and so in the mean time they are just sitting all around the room. On top of that I now have a folding table acting as a sewing table plus the ironing board set up in there which isn't helping anything.

6. I bought a book on making window treatments the other day. I would like to start on something small and see where we get but at this rate I am afraid I will be married and no longer living here by the time I am able to make my curtians. I have confidence in my ability to use the sewing machine, its the stupid cutting in a straight line that keeps messing me up. Not to mention that old carpenters adage, measure twice cut once, well, for me it is more like measure 10 times and then still cut 2 or 3. Oh well, if practice makes perfect I should be friken awesome soon!

7. I have been looking for a new laptop for, oh, I'd say going on a year now (I wish I were joking) and I am about to go nuts. All I want is a 14" jobber with a cd/dvd drive, at least 3 GB of ram and no less then 5 hours of battery life for around 400 bucks, 500 if it had just slightly more then that on the ram and or battery life. I have found a 15.6 that has all that for 449 but I really wanted something that would be easier to tote around. Sadly most of those are going for between 700 to 1000. That is just not an option so I am starting to think is might be time to settle.

8. I am loving our new french door fridge and even though the freezer is taking some getting used to I would not go back for anything. I love just for once not having to worry about something getting shoved to the back on the bottom out of sight and turning into some weird experiment. I also love having an ice maker again. I missed it so much. Plus now the ice is made with filtered water and I can add it to my drink with out getting some weird flavor.

9. I am loving our newest gadgets. If you don't know this about me already and am a gadget person. Don't always like that about me but what can I say. I love em. Any how past experience has made me research a bit more before taking the plunge. I did cheat on that rule by going ahead and buy the new Hamilton beach half pint ice cream maker. You put these bowls in the freezer (each holds 12 oz and it comes with two), then you just mix up the ice cream and the paddle top churns it for about 10 to 15 mins and u get a pretty good bowl of soft serve consistency ice cream. I also got a HB Snowman ice shaver which while not quite the same is the closest to a sno biz I have had since we moved. Finally the Redi set go, a cool little cooker, not perfect but fun to play with now and again.

10. I wish I could say I have a big grand final for 10 but I don't. In fact this may be the shortest one yet. The thing I like best about blogging and all these different forms of online communication we have is that I can just tell my friends and or family the same little things that I would if I saw them every day. So here it is, I picked up a cute apron (I'm so sick of ruining clothes while cooking) the other day and I just had to share. It has a picture of a grill stitched onto it with the words "You go Grill" on it. Its a cheap little guy I picked up for 5 bucks at a dollar store up here but I love it. Broke it in for the first time the other night while I made my big dinner which I will post about another time.

Ok, so that was still pretty long, maybe the FB error message was right about me, then again, who cares! Love yall

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy you like the new fridge, I knew you would! Oh and I know what you mean about dry erase boards, I love writing on them, not sure why! The magnet eraser sounds cool.

jhelene said...

Humor is a great coping mechanism, espiecially for such an ongoing situation, so no need to apologize! I need to come up there for a visit. I can help you organize your room and help you sew! AND, I am a fan of pressing hems! I used to skip pressing thinking it was just an extra step, but I do it most of the time now. There are a few things that I do not press, but for the most part I keep my iron plugged in right next to me while I sew!

Shae said...

Jordan - I would love for you to come, anytime! It would be so much fun sewing with you and, yes I agree, ironing the hem is a must. I had trouble this time because the second piece of fabric I cut (the first was cut way too small) was just the right size so when I tried to turn under the edge it was really tight. I made it but just barely. Anyway I am attempting to get things picked up in there and then I am going to start getting serious about getting organized. I want to get back to the "a place for everything and everything in its place" mentality. I am tired of having to search for hours for every little thing.

Jess - I love my magnetic dry erase board. I have two actually. They are metal and about 12 inch squares. One it pink and the other is blue. I am doing my whole desk in pink and blue (the really vibrant obnoxious colors that come with all the college paraphernalia this time of year) which doesn't go with the rest of my room at all but I love it anyway. I have a bright pink desktop paper shredder, cute paper clips in the shape of high heal shoes and swirly things, and now the dry erase boards. Its silly but since I never went away to college I am reliving my youth lol.