Saturday, April 25, 2009

Can we say roller coaster.

Well, so he is doing better again. Today was rough and he still now and again says he wants to to get up but not as forcefully. I could strangle grandma though. I mean at one point he was squirming a little (nothing major) and she asked him if he needed to go potty. ARG, he can't, that is how the whole problem started before, with him wanting to get up and go to the bathroom. I love her and I think she is doing him a lot of good being here but she is hoovering and saying and doing things that are not good for him.

Oh Oh I have to tell you about yesterday. Ok, so he is hooked up to about 30 different machines that all have different buzzers and things that go off for different reasons. One in particular that goes off a lot is attached to a sensor he wears on his ear to measure his blood oxygen level (don't ask me) and the dumb thing keeps falling off. So at first when this happened she would get worried because she didn't know what it was. Then gradually she learned that when it went off a nurse would come in (eventually) push something on his monitor and then clip the thing back on his ear. So yesterday after we got here we are were sitting around the room when it went off. So what does grandma do, she gets up and walks over to his monitor and at first just stares at it. For a while that was all I thought she was going to do. Then, all of the sudden she reaches her hand up and starts to push something. We all stopped her at once and told her she needed to sit. A minute later the nurse came in and did her thing, I thought about saying something but grandma beat me to it. She said "if you just show be what to push I can help you out." I mean come on. What is she thinking. I don't know what to do with her because when the nurse said no you don't touch the monitor that's mine, she just laughed and patted her on the back. Then later on tried to do it again. She is always fiddling with stuff and doesn't seem to understand the importance of everything. For starters the nurse needs to hear that alarm even if it does take her 10 minutes to attend to it and it gets annoying. Second, while it may be just fine to clip that thing back on his ear I would hate myself if I did it wrong and it hurt him in some way. I wish she would just be there and stop trying to do everything.

Anyway I need to go. Dad are I are supposed to head back tomorrow and I don't know how early he is going to want to get up.

Thanks for the phone calls guys, I love you and the support has been great. Also don't hesitate to tell me good news. Just because things are kind of crappy here doesn't mean I want things to be crappy for you too, in fact its just the opposite. Hearing the good stuff helps to block out the bad for a little while.
I'll talk to you soon.
Shae

No comments: