Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ok, so here is that sanity I was talking about.

So I am in a better mood. I know, I shouldn't let other stuff get to me so much. I need to stabilize my mood better.

Anyway lets enjoy it while it on an up shall we.

First of all, grandpa is continuing to improve. His doctor says he should be moving again in a couple of days. I can't remember where mom said they may move him but they might also move him to rehab. I think he is looking at about two weeks of that but right now we are just happy that we are talking rehab and not nursing home or worse. Mom is starting to brake though. She has got to get some rest. I couldn't take keeping up with grandpa and trying to stay on top of grandma too. They have had a couple of tense moments now and then but all and all I guess they are making it. It is looking like I am going to get to have a nice mothers day with mom. Dad will take me to Champaign to meet mom on the Saturday before. Uncle Steve and Aunt Lori are coming in on the Friday before so they will be with grandma and mom even said we might just spend the night in Champaign before we head back. That way she can get some real rest and we can have a little along time before going back in to the lions den.

Well, the reason for my good mood is only been partly explain up to this point. The rest of the reason is that God answers prayers every day, even about things that aren't that important. As you may already know I had a big test coming up. I had made D's on the first two in this class. While if I made a D on this one if would knock my grade down to a B for the class. Not too bad true, I mean that's whey I said it isn't that important. Anyway I had it all figured out and if I aced all the rest of my assignments I would have to get 50 out of 60 points to get my A. This was all figured out before everything happened with grandpa. When that all happened my whole study schedule went out the window. By the time we got back I had a little more then one day to read two and a half chapters and remember everything I read. Dad even said that if I applied myself and worked hard enough to get my A he would give me $100. Great more stress. So I worked my butt off and when the door opened to the classroom I had one chapter left. I had about an hour and it was a short chapter so I decided to go for it. I read as fast as I could and just about made it through, then it happened. Blackboard (the site we take our test through) went down. It stayed that way about 20 min. into class. Mike had already let two students that had finished there lab exams go saying that he didn't think it was coming back up and he would just post it when it did and we could take it at home there by making it an open book test. He took us down half an hour on the time but it still gave us a minute and a half per question. Anyway, when blackboard did come back up he said "oh, good, that means the rest of you can take now". The other girl in the class said what I was thinking, "but that gives the other guys an unfair advantage." Mike just made one of those "life isn't fair" kinds of statements, but it was too late. The girls one comment let loose a rumbling of complaints throughout the room. Everyone wanted to take it at home so after a few seconds of that Mike said "do you all really want to take it at home" and with a synchronicity that would make a nice sounding choir we all said YES!!! He called us weenies but said ok. With that about 30 pounds lifted off my shoulders. I finished my lab (which I aced by the way) got home and got a great nights sleep. Then I got up yesterday and took the test and made a 58, yea. I also got an assignment turned in that I had received an extension on. Thank goodness Gary was so reasonable. Well actually his name is Steve but it is an online class based out of Gary Indiana so somehow he just became Gary. Anyway I still have 3 finals but they won't be so bad. I am so happy to almost be done. I might even be done by Monday and have the whole week to get ready for my next trip.

The only bad thing is the dentist. I went last Thursday, today and I am going back tomorrow, all because I am about to lose insurance. It sucks and I am so tired of going but for now this should be the last visit for some time. I still have two teeth I need to have pulled but I don't care about that right now.

Anyway I have typed myself tired so I am going to bed.
Talk to yall later, love you guys.

No comments: