Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ok so I lied

As it turns out I do have internet. They have free WIFI here at the hospital.

So just a quick update. Grandpa is still in the ICU but when we got here yesterday things were looking a lot better. The biggest problem was with getting grandma to rest. She had been here for like 36 hours with no sleep. She kept telling people that she wasn't tired but we are worried she is just running on Adrenalin and is going to crash if she doesn't rest. So anyway mom made a deal with her last night and said if she went home with dad and I she (mom)would stay with grandpa. So she agreed and while I'm not sure how much she slept she came home and seemed to be doing ok. Then this morning we got a call from mom. Grandpa was getting agitated wanting to get up and it was causing his breathing to become more rapid so the nurses told him he had to calm down before he got up. From there it never got better. He keeps saying he feels like he needs to use the bathroom but they have checked his bowls and bladder and say both are empty. So I don't know if this stuff is just mental or if something is physically wrong with him. Anyway he has calmed some but I don't know if he can handle the stress of being here. Clearly he has no choice but something needs to change. He is in so much pain from the broken ribs and everything they move him he winces. I just hope if he doesn't recover that he isn't in this state for weeks first. I don't know how long ribs take to heal but that is making everything else harder.

On a personal note I am doing better. I think the stress of getting here and school and everything was my biggest problem but now that I'm here I am glad. Mom, if no one else needed us and it is good that we can be here for her.

I'll let you know more later.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so glad he is doing better. I am glad you could be there. Are your professors going to work with you?

Shae said...

Well, one of them have written me back but I have yet to hear from the other two and one of them is really important. I have a final Tuesday and I am not ready for it but I don't want to wait for him to get back to me so I am trying to get through the material quickly.