Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Back in the saddle again, or something like that

So thanks to Jordan, I am giving this another shot. I don't know if it is the same for everyone but I always get a real charge from seeing that someone has posted and that got me to thinking that not only does this give me an outlet but maybe it gives someone else something to look forward to. It is also a nice way to keep in touch with the small day to day things which is really what I miss the most about being so far away from most of my friends. Call me weird but I like reading about what someone has had for lunch or what song really got them going today. I like knowing about both the good and the bad days and feeling like I can throw an encouraging word their way without having to call and interrupt them if they are at work or in bed asleep as often I am reading these things at 3 in the morning. Most of all I like that I have something to do at 3 in the morning lol.

Today was my second day in a row where I feel like I have done nothing. True it doesn't help when you sleep till 2 as I did today but normally I kick it up around mid afternoon. The only real thing I accomplished all day was making and key lime time and then spending the next hour cleaning up said key lime pie, off the floor, off the cabinets, and out of the nooks and crannies of the oven door. Didn't even get to try a bite before I dropped it.

In a way I like these lazy days. I know pretty soon I'll be desperate for them. Its funny how hard it is to enjoy something when you feel like you aren't supposed to have it. Once I find a job I will wish for this but as long as I feel guilty for not working they just feel like guilt magnifiers.

Its not like anyone is trying to make me feel guilty for not working yet, I mean sure every once and a while dad throws out one of those "can you do this for me since you don't have anything to do" kind of statements but for the most part we are all in agreement with how things are going to go in the coming months. Right now there are no plans to look real hard until after we get back from our trip to Colorado in April.

It is actually going to be a 2 week driving trip this time in which we plan to hit 5 of Guy's diners, drive ins, and dives, visit with the Loper clan in Boulder, and then head up to Mt. Rushmore and back home. It will be cool to see a national landmark like that as it has been a long time since our trip to DC and we have never done much out west aside from Colorado stuff. I am hopeful that we have time to work in another trip to Red Rocks as that is one of my favorite sites out there. I really love the mountains. Growing up so close to the beach, that was where many of our trips took us. Not that I don't like the beach but there is something about the big openness to the mountains that I can't get enough of. It isn't crowded, well, except for pikes peak, and even when it is in the hotter summer months you can go up until it is cool and just enjoy the breeze. Its also just an incredible way to see God's handy work. I am getting so excited just talking (or typing) about it. Hopefully it will be a trip that will evoke much more blogging from me.

That's it for now, I think my fingers must be tired as I keep making typos and having to hit backspace so much it is starting to look worn.

1 comment:

jhelene said...

I like the mountains too. I actually just looked at the 300 pictures I took in Gatlinburg in '08. That being said, I love the beach the most. I am very excited about my South Alabama summer.