Monday, March 22, 2010

Part 3 - A short back story

The whole thing started with me bringing up a few days ago that I would like to send out an announcement for my graduation. I mean sure, I know it would only be to about 10 people and I know that its just community college and I know that technically I finished in December but I got one from both of you guys and I just thought it would be nice. But then mom says that she doesn't think it is appropriate because then people feel obligated to send a check. I am so sick of the whole gift obligation thing, but then that is a whole other blog in and of itself. So I'm like is there not a way to do it without making look like that and all I get is this if you want to you can but I really think its a bad idea kind of statement. So of course like I do with everything I have spent the last few days obsessing about it, looking up stuff online and trying to decided for myself it I think it is ok. Well, stupid me brought it up again today. When will I learn to stop trying to change people mind, when they say something once they are still going to feel that way the next time you bring it up. Unfortunately this time I let the discussion bring up so repressed emotion that I had been eluding to slightly but not really expressing.

No comments: